Welcome to Citizens Advice Wigan Borough
Please note that due to health concerns relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our drop in services are currently unavailable.
We're still offering information and advice via:
- Telephone (0808 2787 801) - you may be asked to leave your name and number during busy periods,
- Web chat,
- Video advice, or
- Self referral.
We'll attempt to make contact on 2 occasions via your preferred channel. Please note that telephones will display an unknown caller when we call. If you have email remember to check your spam folder if you haven't heard from us.
Citizens Advice Wigan Borough is preparing to support debt clients with new ‘Breathing Space’ initiative
From 4th May 2021, new legislation comes into force meaning that people with qualifying debts can...
People over 50 with a workplace or personal pension can get free, impartial guidance about their...
Citizens Advice Wigan Borough has helped more than 10 thousand people during the past year of the pandemic
The charity, which quickly adapted to help more people via the phone, email and webchat, says...
Citizens Advice Wigan Borough Newsletter
What to expect when visiting us
- A welcoming reception
- An understanding approach and sufficient time to attend to your case
- A free service that is confidential, impartial, and non-judgemental
- A service that is available to all regardless of class, race, gender, sexual identity, culture or income
- Information that is accurate, unbiased and presented in a clear manner
- Provision of written notes, booklets or Information System printouts where appropriate
- Assistance in planning future action where necessary
- Effective referral of cases to other organisations when appropriate
- Effective application of the complaints procedure, if invoked